Saturday, March 12, 2011

Run

contributed by Chris




This photo was taken on my visit to Jerusalem in the summer of 2004 with my friends and YWAM team. The shot is of a young Muslim boy running and laughing down the street in the Muslim Quarter of the Old City. He has a sackcloth bag that he was trying to hide behind, but I captured the playful moment as he ran by. Interesting to note, this section of street is traditionally recognized as part of the Via Dolorosa, or the "Way of Suffering". This photo speaks to me of the joy and beauty that can suddenly manifest in the midst of age old rules and ruin. It reminds me of God's hope for all of Abraham's children. In this season of Lent, it helps my focus and meditation on a passage found in Hebrews 12:1,2.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment