Monday, March 8, 2010

FAIL Blog

contributed by Kenton

I discovered FAIL Blog about a year ago. It chronicles incompetence, stupidity and misfortune through video and photograph. It appealed to my sense of humour, so I added it to my Google reader. Every morning (and perhaps several more times through the day) I got updates on FAILS and EPIC FAILS of stunts gone awry, incorrect spelling or any number of other miseries and woes.

Being a Lent rookie, I thought denying myself food or drink might be too much of shock for my system the first time around. Out the door goes FAIL Blog. This causes me to reflect on why I like to watch other people screw up. Come on, who doesn’t like seeing the best man at an outdoor wedding trip climbing two stairs and unwittingly push a bride and minister into the pool below? This is comedy.

But do I need to dwell on misfortune? Does it make me feel superior because I could never bungle a situation to the extent depicted? But this is my nature—a parade of fails every day. Pride, lust and envy lead the way with gluttony and sloth in tow.
As I journey with Jesus to the cross these 40 days, I am reminded that He did not disappoint his Heavenly Father or abandon the path laid out before him. He leads the way to suffering and death, and through this, to resurrection and new life. Praise God!

Jesus’ blood never failed me yet
Never failed me yet
Jesus’ blood never failed me yet
This one thing I know
For he loves me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment